Remove portable and modular classrooms (9 classrooms)
- Why? Portables are meant to be temporary. The portables have exceeded their life expectancy, are inefﬁcient, and pose safety concerns.
- Improve safety and security of entire school
- Why? The Department of Homeland Security performed a site assessment and identified many areas of concern; some can only be addressed with a renovation.
- Increase primary education, special education and group learning space
- Why? This will allow for growth in enrollment and more ﬂexible educational spaces to support optimal instructional practices.
- Improve the function of key common areas, including the gymnasium, nurse’s office, and restrooms
- Why? The gymnasium is too small to accommodate an entire school assembly. The nurse’s ofﬁce does not currently meet minimum health standards. Restrooms are insufﬁcient for students and staff.
Bonnet, Page and Stone Qualifications: