How to get involved and important upcoming dates:
- Click here to see handout with summary information
- Click here to review the presentation from one of the information sessions
- Attend a school improvement committee open house to learn more about the proposed renovation and addition.
- Thursday, March 8th, at 6:30 pm in the AVS cafeteria
- Vote on Tuesday, March 13th or submit your absentee ballot in advance
- Contact Jason Tyburski at email@example.com or Jen Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer to help spread the word!
2018 Warrant article highlights:
- Proposes a modest addition keeping the front facade of the building
- Represents roughly 40% decrease from last years warrant article
- Removes all portables and modular classrooms and adds a new classroom wing to replace these spaces
- Renovates existing spaces including nurse, administrative and special services spaces
- Expands the cafeteria and kitchen space to accommodate more students per lunch period
Goals for Renovation
- Remove portable and modular classrooms (9 classrooms)
- Why? Portables are meant to be temporary. The portables have exceeded their life expectancy, are inefﬁcient, and pose safety concerns.
- Improve safety and security of entire school
- Why? The Department of Homeland Security performed a site assessment and identified many areas of concern; some can only be addressed with a renovation.
- Increase primary education, special education and group learning space
- Why? This will allow for growth in enrollment and more ﬂexible educational spaces to support optimal instructional practices.
- Improve the function of key common areas, including the nurse’s office, administrative and meeting area, and restrooms
- Why? The nurse’s ofﬁce does not currently meet minimum health standards. Restrooms are insufﬁcient for students and staff.
School Improvement Committee
- Committee is made up of community members, town government, school board, and school staff.
- Committee has reviewed architecture plans, toured the building, discussed options, and made recommendations to the school board for 2018 warrant article.
- Meeting minutes can be found on the Auburn School Board Committee page.
Construction manager for the project will be Bonnet, Page and Stone. This company was chosen by the school board through an interview process.
Bonnet, Page, and Stone’s qualifications:
For your information, these are presentations from previous years. New plans are being developed, check back in November, 2017.
Videos & Presentations 2016/2017
See how our students view their school: