The UPSTART program is for children who will be 4 and in preschool or preschool age this coming fall. Children who will be attending Kindergarten Fall of 2021 with a birthdate between August 1, 2015 – September 30, 2016 are eligible. There are no income or geographic restrictions. Children that are (or will be) attending preschool/Head Start are also eligible! UPSTART does not replace preschool nor is it an online ‘school’. It is a program that is used 15 minutes a day 5 days a week.
UPSTART is FREE for New Hampshire families and school districts. Please view this short video featuring UPSTART Parents and Commissioner Edelblut on UPSTART. It will give you a great perspective and great understanding of the program. Commissioner of Education Brings Waterford UPSTART to New Hampshire 4-year-olds
UPSTART is being brought to New Hampshire through philanthropic & PDG grants. Children who have gone through UPSTART come to Kindergarten on average of Kindergarten Advanced or Beginning First Grade levels. UPSTART will begin early September and run through May 2021.
WHAT FAMILIES RECEIVE:
- Research-based, award-winning reading, math, and science instruction delivered to each child for 15-20 minutes per day.
- Weekly support from a family education liaison (FEL) who encourages parents, helps parents understand how to support a school-age child, and provides usage tracking (Note: Personalized support is available in 20+ languages.)
- A free Dell laptop, connectivity hardware, software, and Internet connection (if needed). All families that meet the minimum requirements get to keep their computers at the end of the program.
- Software licenses for all children in the home, including those who are not participating in the program, but may require additional reading, math, and science support.
- Pre- and post-assessment and efficacy research
HOW TO SIGN UP: Families can register online at Waterford UPSTART Registration or call 1-888-982-9898 New Hampshire UPSTART Flyer
Comments are closed.