It is that time of year again! Please encourage your child to enter the Auburn Town Art Contest. Every year we ask students in Auburn to draw a picture of their town. Students can use a number of techniques including the following:
- Paint (watercolor, tempera, poster, acrylic, etc.)
- Drawing materials (pencil, charcoal, colored chalk, pastels, oil pastels, colored pencils, markers,
- Collage materials (cut and glued papers, such as construction paper, tissue paper, wrapping
- paper, aluminum foil, etc.)
- Prints (handmade stencils, gadget printing, block prints, etc.)
- Original digital illustration
- Students may submit more than one entry
- Students are encouraged to use bold colors and strong lines.
- No photography
The theme for the Art Competition is the Town of Auburn. You may portray different town buildings (Town Hall, Griffin Library, AVS, Historical Society) or landscapes. Historical scenes are also encouraged. Artwork can be realistic or abstract. You may include people and animals in your artwork.
You must scan or take a picture of your work and submit a digital image in this Google form: (pdf or jpg)
The three finalists will receive gift cards to Amazon, 40.00 to the first prize, 30.00 for second prize and
25.00 for third prize