Registration (click here) for the 2023 after-school Learn to Ski and Ride Program provided by the town of Auburn Parks and Recreation department is open! Due to continued difficulty contracting bus services, the program will operate similarly to the past couple years. Here are a few details:
- There will be NO BUS transportation provided. Participants will “meet at the mountain” and self-transport equipment. Many families established carpools to fulfill this need and to enable participation by students who might otherwise be precluded due to lack of transportation.
- Early registration pricing is back! Students registered BY November 15 will receive regular pricing, while students registering ON or AFTER November 16 will receive a $25 surcharge.
- Pats Peak continues to make improvements at the mountain including a stone fireplace in the valley lodge, a heated patio outside the main lodge for additional outside seating, and more. Further they will continue with the popular outdoor baggage areas and outdoor “to go” window but will no longer provide outdoor bathrooms.
- I will again offer for families to leave students with the program (in my care) and return later to retrieve them. This will require a coordinated hand-off in both directions. If you are interested in this option, please contact me.
- Please disregard this message if your family has no remaining middle school students. I will soon rebuild the email list to include only program enrollees.
The attached information explains the program and registration process. Updates/changes will be disseminated as quickly as possible.
I’m available to answer questions or concerns as they arise. You are encouraged to forward this message to others who may be interested in joining the program.
Mark J. Comeau
Pats Peak Program Coordinator