This is a great way to use all those art kits that may come your way over holiday break!
Design an illustration to be used for the cover of the Auburn Town Report
• Any AVS or Auburn student in kindergarten through eighth grades may participate.
• Three finalists will be chosen from the submissions
Judging and Winners
• A panel of judges will review
• All finalists’ artwork will be featured in the Auburn 2022 Town Report
• The three finalists will receive gift cards to Amazon, 40.00 for first prize, 30.00 for second prize and 25.00 for third prize
• Students may submit more than one entry
The theme for the Art Competition is the Town of Auburn. You may portray different town buildings (Town Hall, Griffin Library, AVS, Historical Society) or landscapes. Historical scenes are also encouraged. Artwork can be realistic or abstract. You may include people and animals in your artwork.
Media and Technique Requirements
• Size should be 8 1/2 x 11, no smaller, no larger, your name should be printed on the back.
• Any of the following media or techniques may be used:
o Paint (watercolor, tempera, poster, acrylic, etc.)
o Drawing materials (pencil, charcoal, colored chalk, pastels, oil pastels, colored pencils, markers, etc.)
o Collage materials (cut and glued papers, such as construction paper, tissue paper, wrapping paper, aluminum foil, etc.)
o Prints (handmade stencils, gadget printing, block prints, etc.)
o Original digital illustration
• Students are encouraged to use bold colors and strong lines.
Submission of Artwork:
• You must scan or take a picture of your work and submit a digital image in this Google form
• Deadline is January 9, 2023
• Hold on to your original, if you win, we may need it!